Friday, December 1, 2006

In thought of thee...

I can see thee now,
In absolute form- thy figure unaltered.
Thy huge frame; Thy brilliant eyes
Glittering, like the first sunbeams
Piercing the wild waves; the smile
Spreading on thy face; thy wrinkled elbows;
Thy tough hands- toughened by experience.
I can see thy figure- Now! Now!
Tangible.

I can feel thee now,
Thy warm hands on my head;
Thy gentle pat on my shoulders;
Thy tender hands pressing on mine;
Thy compassionate eyes filled with tears.
The blessing; the encouragement;
The assurance; the concern;
I can feel thy heart- Now! Now!
Sensitive.

Oh! Can this be a dream?
Memories of two winters slip me.
I forget the grief, the pain;
The unwelcome confinement forced
Upon thy free spirit. There thee stayed
Two winters unmoved, while thy mind
Wandered and wandered- till
Thy eyes turned into stones; thy limbs into logs;
Immovable.

Oh! Do I miss thee?
Thou are lost to me eternally,
Vanished from my sight like a vision.
And there, thou rest with thy Maker.
After trodding life’s labyrinth,
Thou repose among the angels.
Thy calm, serene eyes watch us, now.
And thy face blooms into a smile.
Divine.


Thats my grandpa :-)

No comments: