Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Nature Vs Man

So again it is proved.
Nature has established its supremacy
Again, once again.
You thought you could tame her?
Subdue her? Control her?
Look how she crushes
The overwhelming, unconquerable
Civilization of Mankind.
Look how she responds
To our blows of thoughtless exploitation,
With a blow- so final, so conclusive.

Now she rests,
After the great Tandav Nritya-
The Dance of Destruction.
The land, the sea, the wind,
All are now calm, composed, satiated,
Having consumed the lives of several,
And the souls of several others
Who still live- Lifeless, Soulless.
Nature has claimed its right
Over the universe and over us.
And we finally submit to her will.

I gaze at the devastated grounds,
Where once stood a flourishing civilization,
Now completely wiped out. Not a trace left.
And my heart sinks to the depth of despair.
A lump seems to be stuck in my throat.
I cannot swallow it, I cannot spit it out.
But slowly the lump melts and trickles
Through my eyes, drop by drop into a stream.
The cold glacier has melted into saline water,
Whose warm currents comfort my heart.

Finally, the age-old battle between Nature and Man ends,
For Nature triumphant, establishes its reign.


This is not a poem... not a prose.... but only a rant I wrote after the Tsunami... I remember It was new year's eve and we were sitting at home watching a documentary on discovery channel about Tsunami...

2 comments:

AakASH!!! said...

that was some time...

salt water from seas begetting seas of salt water in eyes.

Winged Fantasy said...

hmmm... updating old ones till I can write something new.

yeah... very well put :-)