Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year is here... New Year is here...

hmmmm... so the new year is here... I tried writing something for Christmas, something for New Year, but failed. I tried asking Santa for some gifts, but couldn't think of anything. Am I so content with what I have or am I confused what to ask? no idea :-)

For some reason, I just cant write these days. Dont have the patience to. My mind is too restless with a million thoughts, million emotions, all moving forward, twisting, turning, changing at such a fast pace that i am almost breathless. If I stop to think one thought through, understand one emotion, analyse one situation, something like a traffic jam happens in my mind and each one honks the loudest to get his way cleared and I give up on this mess just like our Bangalore traffic police.

hmmm... nevertheless, since the new year is come, let me try and sort out this mess. I am not going to reflect on the year 2006 because it has been the most eventful year of my life and I will lose track and not talk about the coming year, which is my objective for this post. However, just to give you an idea, the year 2006 changed my life... it changed my career decisions, my ambition, my personality, my relationships and overall my way of looking at life. The experiences were many. This was the year I got into the family business, I realized my inclination and career ambition which brought clarity to my thoughts. My relationships with family and friends changed and for the first time they have formed into concentric circles and while some people have settled at the core, others have found their places at various orbits. A year rich in experiences... for the first time I experienced something so close to death and so close to love. And both these experiences taught me a great deal and changed my approach to life itself.

So here are some guidelines for the new year. I will not term them resolutions, because every year I break them on 2nd Jan.
  1. Early to bed and early to rise: Its high time I discipline myself. For ever I have been sleeping at something like 2.00 in the night and getting up at 9.00 in the morning. Starting 1st Jan, I am going to sleep at 11.00 every night and get up at 7.30 a.m and this time I mean it... even if I have to keep 3 or 4 alarm clocks at different distances between my bed and the bathroom.
  2. Figure in fitness: This was the name of the gym I joined some 6 months back, paid some 4000 rupees and turned up 2 days... yes I am that shameless... So I am going to exercise myself everyday morning and evening including treadmill, some walking/jogging and stretching exercises and I need to get back to shape... No more Mc Donalds and Pizza Huts... I need to fit into all my jeans and trousers latest by July... grrrrrr I hate myself
  3. Slow and steady wins the race: I need to go slow on my bike. I need to stop racing with every two wheeler on the road and resist the temptation of sneaking into the smallest gap on the road just because it is a little ahead from where I am standing... Poor thing my sister, sitting behind me, she has risked her life so many times.
  4. Work is worship: I am just going to work work and work this year. I have to get this company some name and profit. They have placed so much of trust in me and I have been wasting my office time orkuting, ryzing and blogging and fwds and all that. Shit I feel disgusted with myself... I cant believe I am the same girl who used to be known as a workaholic in my last job. I need to stop cribbing and buck up... I am going to give it my best...
  5. Girly Girl: Yes I am going to become more "girly" now... I really need to groom myself, become more sophisticated and women like... I mean scream on the top of my voice if I happen to spot a cockroach or a rat, blush when people pay attention or give a compliment and act like I can't lift a suitcase myself and open a sealed bottle and cant eat a morsel after my first roti and faint at the least distress... yeah and gossip and giggle and all that crap... shit it sounds so ridiculous and I am a Karate brown belt... huh and yes I need to wear my jacket while riding my bike so my hands dont get tanned any further and I need to start using a sunscreen and go for regular trips to the parlour for manicures and pedicures and waxing and threading... uffffff those endless cycles...
  6. Words... its only words: And words are all I have to keep myself sane... I am going to read more and more and more and endlessly. There is so much to read and I dont know how to increase my speed. I have to finish Norman Lewis' vocab book and memorize the readers digest vocab special latest by July... and I need to write atleast one piece, be it poetry or prose every saturday and write something meaningful, something nice... and write in second or third person. I dont know why I always write in first person... I tell you I am such an egotist, obsessed with I, me and myself....
  7. Clay shuttered doors: And I am going to seal my heart in an iron case and fill the crevices with clay and cement. No one is going to touch my heart till I am 26... that would be the right time I guess when I would be mature enough to handle all that. Till then no four letter word even remotely sounding like "love" is going to enter my life.
  8. Sabse bada rupaiyaa: And I am going to keep a tab on what I spend and where... high time I start saving money, make some investments... and yes understand shares and mutual funds and all the economics and accounting that I have been running away from... I need to buy that dream house latest by 2010... I will... I will... I will...
  9. And Live life Kingsize: errr... no queensize :-) I am going to do all those things that i always wanted to do... like go for Lok Paritran meetings... become an active member and contribute, then start serious work on our Manuscripts project for the aged... the project must be up and running this year. And I am going to watch lots of plays even if bhai gets angry... I wl figure out some way... somehow...
  10. The add-ons: 9 sounds an odd number... let me think of one more... ummmmmmmmm Yeah I am going to learn swimming, finally get a driving license (can u imagine, I have been driving for the last 4 years without a license), a Pan Card and a voter's id. absolutely must.

hmmm... so thats it... only this much for this year and then 2007 will rock. But will anyone recognize me if I become like this? whatever...

Wish you all a verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy happy new year and have loads of fun and keep smiling forever and ever and ever... :-)

Cheers!

Minakshi

6 comments:

Rangoli Singh said...

well im sure i can help u in few of them...hhahahah...glad to know ur resolutions....but yaar bachpan ki aadat hai kaise jaayegi??
hope 2nd jan this year becomes the most memorable one..
;-)

AakASH!!! said...

Its about time for a Hello there!
So I wish you a very Happy New Year.
The problem is not, with fragile resolutions,
Problem is, not having the right solutions.
So strengthen your will and conquer all fear.
Wish you again a Happy New Year!

Caladrius said...

hi n happy new year ..you've got a good blog out there .. nd yes keep the voter id work at the first place not d tenth :)

Unknown said...

Wish you a vey happy new year and best of luck for your resoluutions :)

Unknown said...

hmmm...now wat shud I say???..is der nethin left 4 me to comment??..4get 2nd Jan, did u atleast try on 1st Jan???..smack u 4 bein so reckless...grrr..now u have done sumthin others donot..u hav penned ur resolutions..u gotta accomplish em...else Demon has his eyes on U...Beware...
above all
!!Happy New Year,Healthy New Year!!

Winged Fantasy said...

@Leo: Hi :-)Yes I did try on 1st Jan and stil I am... sachi
And I am not reckless these days... I told u that little accident was not my fault. :-(
I am not scared of the demon :P...
and Happy new year to u too... now belated. :-)
Cheers!